Paints and pigments are used on a vast range of consumer products from jewellery and screen prints on clothing through to edge paints on items such as shoes and belts.
The problem regarding paints and pigments falls with the substances contained within them. For example; cadmium, a human carcinogen which is restricted under a number of different legislations, is commonly used as a pigment in paint.
The control and restriction of paints falls under a number of different EU and international legislations; primarily REACH, Toy Safety Directive, California Proposition 65 and CPSC compliance.
BLC offer the following chemical tests and analysis for paints and pigments:
- Azo Dyes
- Disperse Dyes
- GB Standards
- Heavy Metal testing
- Lead testing and analysis
- Mercury testing
- Proposition 65 Screen
- REACH Screen
- Flame Retardants
Why choose BLC to conduct your chemical testing and analysis?
- One of the fastest testing laboratories in Europe
- Experts in chemical testing and compliance – over 90 years experience
- Technical support and guidance if and when failures occur
- Solutions to cleanse and reduce toxic chemicals from your supply chain
- Expert advice and solutions on legislation and supply chain compliance
- Access to chemical supply chain specifications