What is RoHS?
RoHS is a European Directive aiming to control and restrict the use of certain hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment (EEE). RoHS restricts the use of mercury, lead, chrome VI, cadmium and a range of flame retardants, notably polybrominated biphenyls and polybrominated diphenyl ethers in EEE’s.
Under the legislation, businesses must ensure that products placed on the market do not contain the aforementioned hazardous substances in levels above the accepted maximum concentration values. In addition to this, producers must prepare documentation to prove their product compliance before they are placed on the market and this documentation needs to be retained even after the product is no longer on the market.
Why you need to test for RoHS compliance
RoHS compliance is a legal requirement, failure to do so can result in significant impact on retailers and manufacturers in terms of reputation and cost. Moreover non-compliant products have the potential to cause adverse health effects to consumers.
Why choose BLC to conduct your chemical testing and analysis?
- One of the fastest testing laboratories in Europe
- Experts in chemical testing and compliance – over 90 years experience
- Technical support and guidance if and when failures occur
- Solutions to cleanse and reduce toxic chemicals from your supply chain
- Expert advice and solutions on legislation and supply chain compliance
- Access to chemical supply chain specifications