What is lead and lead testing and analysis?
At BLC we are specialists in Lead Testing and Analysis. Lead is a soft, malleable heavy metal. It is also counted as one of the heavy metals. Because of its abundance, low cost, and physical properties, lead and lead compounds have been used in a wide variety of products and are also used in pigments. Lead can be found in a large number of consumer products, including the paints/coatings, toys, bags, belts, footwear etc. It is present in high amounts within the consumer goods supply chain.
Lead is a highly toxic substance, exposure to which can produce a wide range of adverse health effects. Lead and lead compounds are reasonably anticipated to be human carcinogens based on evidence of carcinogenicity from studies in humans and sufficient evidence of carcinogenicity from studies in experimental animals. In addition to this, lead can increase blood pressure and cause fertility problems, nerve disorders, muscle and joint pain, irritability, and memory or concentration problems.
Why you need to conduct lead testing
Lead is covered in a large number of EU and International legislations including, REACH, California Proposition 65, the Toxics in Packaging Clearinghouse (TPCH), CPSIA, Toy Directives and RoHS.
Why choose BLC to conduct your lead testing and analysis?
- One of the fastest lead testing and analysis laboratories in Europe
- Experts in chemical testing and compliance – over 90 years experience
- Technical support and guidance if and when failures occur
- Solutions to cleanse and reduce toxic chemicals from your supply chain
- Expert advice and solutions on legislation and supply chain compliance
- Access to chemical supply chain specifications