What is formaldehyde?
Formaldehyde is a chemical compound that is widely used in industrial manufacturing and a number of other industries. Formaldehyde is often found in everyday products such as handbags, footwear, accessories, garments, beauty and cosmetic products and areas of application include adhesives, textile processing and as a preservative in some paints, coating products and also in some cosmetics. Formaldehyde is also used in the production of some polymers.
Bio-available Formaldehyde is considered a risk to human health as some individuals may experience adverse effects such as watery eyes; burning sensations in the eyes, nose, and throat; coughing; wheezing; nausea; and skin irritation.
Why you need formaldehyde testing?
Formaldehyde is commonly restricted according to the end consumer (i.e. adult or child) with the acceptable limits for children being significantly lower than those for adults. Formaldehyde is one of the key examples of how variable the restrictions can be. Brands and retailers commonly impose restrictions, setting limits in the region of 20-200ppm depending on end use.
Why choose BLC to conduct your formaldehyde testing and analysis?
- One of the fastest testing laboratories in Europe
- Experts in formaldehyde testing and compliance – over 90 years experience
- Technical support and guidance if and when failures occur
- Solutions to cleanse and reduce toxic chemicals from your supply chain
- Expert advice and solutions on legislation and supply chain compliance
- Access to chemical supply chain specifications