It is not uncommon for restricted substances to be found in textile products. These can range from the use of azo dyes which are the major colourants used in the textile industry through to brominated flame retardants used in items such as children’s sleepwear and heavy metals such as cadmium found in the pigment of paints.
A large number of chemicals with the potential to be found in textile products are known to have adverse health affects on both humans and the environment. Problems relating to customer safety can have significant impact on retailers and manufacturers in terms of reputation and cost.
Chemical testing is required for textiles and textile products in order to ensure compliance with a large number of EU and international legislations. This includes REACH, California Proposition 65, China GB Standards and many more.
BLC offer the following textile chemical tests and analysis:
- Azo Dyes testing
- Cadmium testing
- Chrome VI testing
- Flame Retardants
- GB Standards
- Heavy Metal testing
- Lead testing and analysis
- Mercury testing
- Proposition 65 Screen
- REACH Screen
Why choose BLC to conduct your chemical testing and analysis?
- One of the fastest testing laboratories in Europe
- Experts in chemical testing and compliance – over 90 years experience
- Technical support and guidance if and when failures occur
- Solutions to cleanse and reduce toxic chemicals from your supply chain
- Expert advice and solutions on legislation and supply chain compliance
- Access to chemical supply chain specifications