Testing of plastic products is important in order to ensure that plastics in consumer goods and electronics do not contain toxic substances.
There are a large number of toxic chemicals which are found in plastic products and plastic components of consumer goods. This includes phthalates, chemicals used primarily as plasticizers in polyvinylchloride (PVC) products as well as heavy metals and flame retardants.
The large array of different chemicals that may be found in plastics has warranted the need for plastics to be covered under a variety of different restrictions and legislations.
BLC offer the following chemical tests and analysis for plastics and plastic products:
- Heavy Metal testing
- Lead testing and analysis
- Proposition 65 Screen
- Mercury testing
- REACH Screen
- Bisphenol A
- Flame Retardants
Why choose BLC to conduct your chemical testing and analysis?
- One of the fastest testing laboratories in Europe
- Experts in chemical testing and compliance – over 90 years experience
- Technical support and guidance if and when failures occur
- Solutions to cleanse and reduce toxic chemicals from your supply chain
- Expert advice and solutions on legislation and supply chain compliance
- Access to chemical supply chain specifications