Water can be host to a range of toxic and restricted chemicals, including heavy metals such as lead, copper, mercury and cadmium. Toxic metals can be present in industrial, municipal, and urban runoff, which can be harmful to humans and aquatic life.
In addition to this, persistent organic pollutants play a large role in the contamination of water. Chemical groups such as polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH’s) can enter water through discharges from industrial and water treatment plants, however, most PAH’s do not dissolve easily in water and therefore they bind to solid particles and settle at the bottom of lakes or rivers.
These chemicals are restricted under legislations such as REACH and the Biocidal Product Regulation; chemical testing can ensure compliance.
BLC offer the following chemical tests and analysis for water:
- Heavy Metal testing
- Lead testing and analysis
- Mercury testing
- Proposition 65 Screen
- REACH Screen
- Biocidal Products Regulation
Why choose BLC to conduct your chemical testing and analysis?
- One of the fastest testing laboratories in Europe
- Experts in chemical testing and compliance – over 90 years experience
- Technical support and guidance if and when failures occur
- Solutions to cleanse and reduce toxic chemicals from your supply chain
- Expert advice and solutions on legislation and supply chain compliance
- Access to chemical supply chain specifications